Kindly ensure you read through the submission guidelines before sending us your submission. Submissions that are not in accordance with the guidelines will not be considered for publication. Thank you.
- All submissions must be in English. Pieces translated into English from other languages will be accepted and this must be indicated in the cover letter and emailed alongside the submission to email@example.com.
- All submissions must have previously been unpublished. Unpublished in this case includes books, print and online magazines and journals.
- All submissions must be accompanied by a bio of not more than 200 words pasted in the body of the email. DO NOT attach your bio as a separate document.
- All manuscripts should be submitted as Word documents (doc, docx) for ease of reading and editing. Do NOT paste the text of your work as part of the body of the email.
- Submissions should be typed in TIMES NEW ROMAN, FONT 12, DOUBLE SPACED and LEFT ALIGNED. For more information on how to format your manuscript, look at the Proper Manuscript Format by William Shunn. Failure to adhere to this will lead to your manuscript not being read by our editors.
- The first page of your manuscript must contain YOUR NAME, EMAIL ADDRESS and TITLE OF THE WORK BEING SUBMITTED.
- For Fiction, and Nonfiction submissions should be between 2,500 to 7500 words. For Poetry, please submit NO LESS THAN 4 POEMS but NO MORE THAN 7 POEMS. ALL the poems MUST be contained in a single document and submitted as such. If you submit more than one document in your submission, we will disregard the submission.
- Adherence to the word limit is recommended but in any case, we will bend this a little bit if it makes sense to surpass the word limit for the story or essay or poem to make complete sense. Don’t hold back.
- Simultaneous submissions are acceptable and all we request is that we are notified when the submission is accepted for publication elsewhere.
- As a suggestion, you are encouraged to read pieces that have previously appeared on Enkare Review to get a grasp of the kind of submissions we are looking for.
- Please submit NO MORE THAN one short story, one nonfiction manuscript, or four poems at a time. Wait for our response on your submission before sending another.
- Due to the large volume of submissions that we receive, we aim to respond to submissions within THREE MONTHS after the close of the submission period. We will notify you within that period if your submission has been accepted for publication. If you don’t hear from us within that period, send us a query to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enkare Review would like to compensate you for the time spent and thought put into writing the submission. However, it is unfortunate that we cannot afford to pay for your work yet. Kindly bear with us for now.
We look forward to your submissions. Cheers!